Tuesday 28 August 2012

Monday 27: Rehearsal for the Opening Ceremony

Mike making sure we are in the right place for the athletes parade  
 After my first day off on Sunday, I was back in the action yesterday. A lot going on in the office and to arrange for the teams as competition days get closer. Some of the technical briefings started yesterday and I am working with the cycle team (track and road races) as their support liaison. Like Nicola before me, last night I had the experience of the opening ceremony rehearsal as an "athlete". A chance for the games makers to swop stories and chat in a relaxed way whilst we waited our moment in the stadium and on the big screens. Got to carry the flag which was something special.


Rob carries the flag into the stadium 

No comments:

Post a Comment